new artwork

Yesterday I spent the day at a workshop hosted by a fellow artist and friend, Wendy Southin of Dragonfly Dreamers studio. 

We were playing with Gelli Plates and making mono-print artwork.We began by creating standard mono-prints on various paper types. 
After a lunch break we got down and dirty with making layers on our base prints. I came away with an incredible assortment of art prints that I can add to in future, (they don't LOOK FINISHED yet). But I did get three that I am very pleased to say are done, that is I don't think they need anything else other than to be framed or mounted.

I don't have titles for these. They haven't divulged what they want to be called yet.

The first one is a yellow-toned study with touches of dark green and metallic copper. 



I decided to be a bit brave and work in black white and grey, an odd choice I'm sure the others thought when I started. In the end we were all impressed with how they turned out, esp. once I added  a touch of red. 



Im not sure if I have them right side up as shown , that will depend on how I frame them. 
For now I'm happy to have three finished. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Elements component of the Month blog hop

Art Elements Rune Challenge Reveal Day

Bead Peeps swap n hop